Skip to main content

Ten Underrated Nate Dogg Choruses





1. The Streets
Featured Artist | WC
Album | Ghetto Heisman
Year 2002

Nate Dogg, like a lot of songs he sings on, makes the song. The beat from Scott Storch, sounds like a 2001 leftover and creates WC's biggest hit as a solo artist. Not too many outside of LA will remember this one.


2. Look At My Eyes
Featured Artist | Obie Trice
Album | Cheers
Year 2003

Cheers is the most underrated Hip-Hop albums of all time. Slept on as it came out the same year on the same label 50 Cent's Get Rich Or Die Tryin'. Cheers is the best album to come out of the Shady-Aftermath factory not named 50 Cent or Eminem, and that includes all members of G-Unit and D12. Look At My Eyes, produced by Dr. Dre at the tale-end of Dr. Dre producing like Dr. Dre, is one of the last Nate Dogg/Dr. Dre combos we will ever see, and just as always, it doesn't miss.


3. I Don't Like To Dream About Getting Paid
Featured Artist | Dogg Pound
Album | Tha Dogg Food
Year 1995

Early Nate Dogg is too pure. On an album that is criminally underappreciated, Nate Dogg gives us a simple chorus, repeating the title over and over on an album that began the precedent for Nate as the go-to chorus killer.


4. All My Life
Featured Artist | Freeway
Album | Philadelphia Freeway
Year 2003

Off of Freeway's undeniable east coast classic, the early two thousands was a significant time for Nate Dogg as he crossed over from his G-funk haven as east coast-west coast tensions finally came to a close. A gem on an underrated album, Nate croons over that prime and classic Roc-A-Fella sound


5. Never Leave me alone
Featured Artist | Nate Dogg
Album | Gfunk Classics
Year 1996 

Certified west coast classic, Nate Dogg's first and easily one of his best singles. From an album released in 1998, the song was released in 1996 at the apex of the g-funk era, and solidified Nate Dogg as an artist in his own right. Little known tidbit, the song is produced by super-lyricist Kurupt.


6. These Days
Featured Artist | Nate Dogg
Album | Gfunk Classics
Year 1998

Underrated Song overall from Nate Dogg, also produced by himself as well.  Nate Dogg sings gracefully on the challenges of everyday life.



7. I Need A Light
Featured Artist | Warren G
Album | In The Midnite Hour
Year 2005

My favorite Warren G and Nate Dogg song (yes, over Regulate), coming at a time where both artist are no longer in the prime of their careers, their growth is evident. It is a beautiful song as Warren G reflects on life, now as an Og in the game while Nate Dogg gives an immaculate performance

 
8. Where I Wanna Be
Featured Artist | Shade Sheist
ALBUM | Informal Introduction
Year 2000

Shade Sheist may not come to many minds when mentioning summer classics, but in LA, Where I Wanna Be is a certified classic and is forever welcomed at any backyard boogie. Released in 2000 and reaching #1 on the rap charts. Sampling off Toto's Grammy album of the year winner, Toto IV, the funky 'Waiting For You Love' sample, not only creates an underrated Nate Dogg chorus, but to real fans, one of his best.


9. Wake Up
Featured Artist | Shade Sheist
ALBUM | Informal Introduction
Year 2002

With Nate Dogg being apart of Shade Sheist only two memorable songs (and this one barely), it reminds you how talented and how important Nate Dogg was to the west coast sound.


10. Crazy
Featured Artist | Snoop Dogg
Album | Blue Carpet Treatment
Year 2006

Damn I love this chorus, it just evokes the epitome of a sunny day in LA with a blunt sparked. Probably my favorite Nate Dogg chorus on one of Snoop Dogg's better projects; Blue Carpet Treatment is an arguable Top 3 Snoop Dogg album, which is saying something for such a long and illustrious career. This song  and chorus is so overlooked and so underrated.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raychiel Smith Interview

We took some time recently to get to know the stunning and talented Raychiel Smith. She told us what her goal are and what she has for us in the future.  So check it out Who are you and what are you all about?   Im a flawed human with positive intentions and big dreams. i'm all about chasing my dreams and independence. Everything in my life is here because it makes me happy.  Fashion and expression in art form that people can relate to is what i'm about. For those who don't know me.  Hi, i'm raychiel, i work a regular 9 to 5. Working towards maintaining my LLC license so i can pursue a fashion career. I aspire to be a journalist and, fashion designer.  A major one, not some graphics on a t-shirt shit.  Its a lifestyle.     Where are you from?   Born and raised in northern california daly city SF and vallejo mostly.       Who are your heroes? My big sister and my mother. They are strong, like...not even women who are loud.

Sam Aotaki Interview

We got sometime to sit down with the beautiful Sam Aotaki.  You've might have seen her in the movies  Asian School Girls and Alpha House.  We got to know what she is all about and what upcoming projects she has so check it out  Who are you? Yo wuts gucci, I’m Sam Aotaki, and i am an actress, model and dancer Where are you from? I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California How did you get involved in Acting? Well I started out wanting to model and dance, after I wouldn’t grow taller than 5'2 people started to suggest I should try acting, after that I started taking acting classes and fell in love with it so now that's the main thing I want to do When you were a kid what did you see yourself doing? Honestly I still remember being in kindergarten and being asked that, I always answered i wanted to be a profession boxer and/or muy thai fighter Who motivates you? My mom, she is one of the most independent and

Zac FTP Interview

We recently sat down wit the creator of FTP and got to see what he is all bout and what he has coming soon for the people Who are you and what are you all about? ZacFTP and basically making explicit clothing. Were are you originally from? Born and raised in Los Angeles How was FTP created? FTP was created when I was 16 by me from a random phrase that popped into my head which was "fuck the people" Which then changed to fuck the population because I hadn't ever heard that before, then I spelled the fuck backwards to make it more discreet. What type of fashion do you like? Streetwear, by independent brands What clothing lines do you look up to? HUF where I worked for a year, DPI run by a kid same age as me, and freedminds. Who motivates you? I would say that fans of my work motivate me, everytime I release something the hype is a big motivation to keep on doing what I do. How long have you worked as a designer? I ha