Skip to main content

BASSLOVE Interview



Basslove, and up and coming Mc from the hotbed of Atlanta brings a new energy to the down south scene that has been a juggernaut over the past two decades. With a sleepy drawl and inspiring lyrics Basslove is bringing innovation from the trap phenomena.  With his debut tape on the way we sat down with him and got to pick his brain.

1. Who are you?

I'm the coolest & most genuine person i ever meet man real talk & and I'm a underdog man & i take it for what it is , I'm a creator , a dreamer , a stoner, a hopeless romantic list can go on.

2. Where you from?

Imma country soul man , I was born in grady hospital down in atlanta ga & raised all over it ended my time there in a suburban city called marietta, shout out mike will , I love everything about atlanta too haven't lived there in about 6 years kinda regret it that but my path is not so bad so far u feel me

3. What made you start making music?
Man i fell in love with it at a young age tbh , i remember rapping along to master p songs n shit at like 4 years old and as I got older I really turned to music to get me thru alot of deep dark moments and trails that began to be faced within music is all i had it was all the kept me from giving up on myself

4. Can you go into detail with what “ Room 504” is.

Room 504 is what it sounds like it's a room , now what's in dat room is what ppl will soon find out u feel me it's really a room where limits don't exist opinions don't matter, it's a place of art u dig ?

5. When is your first project dropping?

My first tape will be released in the first quarter of 2017 and another one during the third or fourth quarter currently just uploading singles on my soundcloud for the ones that really fuck with me.

6. When making “for the winter” what was the process behind the creation of the song?

That song / vibe was really just me in a angry state tbh i was just down and i just wrote it fr fr but the beat was fire af when i got it but i sat on the beat for like a month my nigga divenchi made dat one had a real dark feel which happen to match my mood so i recorded it and gave it to the people

7. Who do you have winning the Super Bowl this year Falcons or Patriots ?

Cmon u already know bruh lol dirty birds got it this year…I remember in middle school I think like 6th grade i got my first vick jersey it was da white one and I used to feel fly af lol cuz I ain't really have fresh shit but wearing dat jersey always made me feel good.

8. When you’re not in the studio, what are you doing?

Tbh i'm probably listening to some music I still love old music , I play a lot of them early 2000 joints they really take me back bruh i just get high and reflect or i might be around people I fw making them laugh ..I like to laugh pain or no pain imma make sure the people around me cool and smiling.

9. Predictions on who's going to the NBA finals this year?

Man i'm a huge D Rose , Curry and Paul George fan but the east is the Cavs and idk bout the west tbh they all be hooping over dis way.

10. What does “ being creative” mean to you?

Tbh it's about just expressing how you feel or what your views are.

11. What are you trying to communicate with your art?

Love , stories , point of views , let people know it gets better u feel me and major vibes I like making songs that sound slightly strange at first but u gotta really be on my level to feel me ..not saying that like I'm better than anyone but u feel me some shit I do just gone go over heads just a fact.

12. Describe a real life situation that inspire you?

Man i got so many , in 2011 i remember walking all up and down cobb parkway in GA and I couldn't find not one job I just got kicked out of the navy for getting arrested and i would be sleeping outside for days man and i just was lost but over time i just overcame all the bullshit and that shit still inspires me to this day ..that story get way deeper but u get the feel.

13. Favorite food places in LA?

Man LA got a lot of good food spots, i'd still pick the south food tho if we keeping it trill lol but i be eating good out here in La hella good spots out here I stay eating good.

14. How do you feel about the state of music as a whole?

Man its really changing .think it's a lot of dope artist out here , imma just make sure i keep giving people these real vibes straight up..but  i will say the most popular artist out these days are usually not even the best but it's all music and it's all love long as they don't fwm we gone spare em.  

15. Any last words for the people?

Yea stop judging people you don't really know that shit bout lame as hell ..BASSLOVE 4eva I'm bringing the waves till its ova.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raychiel Smith Interview

We took some time recently to get to know the stunning and talented Raychiel Smith. She told us what her goal are and what she has for us in the future.  So check it out Who are you and what are you all about?   Im a flawed human with positive intentions and big dreams. i'm all about chasing my dreams and independence. Everything in my life is here because it makes me happy.  Fashion and expression in art form that people can relate to is what i'm about. For those who don't know me.  Hi, i'm raychiel, i work a regular 9 to 5. Working towards maintaining my LLC license so i can pursue a fashion career. I aspire to be a journalist and, fashion designer.  A major one, not some graphics on a t-shirt shit.  Its a lifestyle.     Where are you from?   Born and raised in northern california daly city SF and vallejo mostly.       Who are your heroes? My big sister and my mother. They are strong, like...not even women who are loud.

Sam Aotaki Interview

We got sometime to sit down with the beautiful Sam Aotaki.  You've might have seen her in the movies  Asian School Girls and Alpha House.  We got to know what she is all about and what upcoming projects she has so check it out  Who are you? Yo wuts gucci, I’m Sam Aotaki, and i am an actress, model and dancer Where are you from? I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California How did you get involved in Acting? Well I started out wanting to model and dance, after I wouldn’t grow taller than 5'2 people started to suggest I should try acting, after that I started taking acting classes and fell in love with it so now that's the main thing I want to do When you were a kid what did you see yourself doing? Honestly I still remember being in kindergarten and being asked that, I always answered i wanted to be a profession boxer and/or muy thai fighter Who motivates you? My mom, she is one of the most independent and

Zac FTP Interview

We recently sat down wit the creator of FTP and got to see what he is all bout and what he has coming soon for the people Who are you and what are you all about? ZacFTP and basically making explicit clothing. Were are you originally from? Born and raised in Los Angeles How was FTP created? FTP was created when I was 16 by me from a random phrase that popped into my head which was "fuck the people" Which then changed to fuck the population because I hadn't ever heard that before, then I spelled the fuck backwards to make it more discreet. What type of fashion do you like? Streetwear, by independent brands What clothing lines do you look up to? HUF where I worked for a year, DPI run by a kid same age as me, and freedminds. Who motivates you? I would say that fans of my work motivate me, everytime I release something the hype is a big motivation to keep on doing what I do. How long have you worked as a designer? I ha