Skip to main content

Slime Season Trilogy

Watching Young Thug’s growth as an artist has been nothing less than spectacular as he has gone from an unproven Gucci Mane prodigy to a sensationalized internet rapper to an undisputed hit maker. He has made headlines for his cross dressing style to his many rap ‘beefs’ as much as his flow. There was a time when the shock value of his persona outweighed his music, but as people peeled away the many layers that is young thug, inevitably the music stands out. From his first breakout hit ‘I’m a Stoner’ which gained momentum off an Adrien Broner gif became his first single to chart the billboards. His second viral hit 'Danny Glover (Two Bitches)' gained attention when a video of Kanye West was seeing spazzing out to it. Yet we stll weren’t sure what to make of this catapulting figure who definitely had an ear for amazing production. Then 'Lifestyle' came out, and things changed. Rich Gang The Tour Pt.1 was a surprise release as he came out partnering with another Atlanta up and comer Rich Homie Quan and the immortal Cash Money CEO Baby. The consistency and depth of the project was undeniable, and now he had a backing that people were familiar with. At around the same time, hits by T.I., 'About The Money', and Tyga’s 'Hookah' respectively, both guided by Thug's hypnotic flow, were running up the numbers. Since then he has released about five mix tapes worth noting, including the incredible Slime Season Trilogy. This Article was created intending to decide which Slime Season was greater, but I have come to the conclusion that it doesn’t matter, they are all great pieces of art from a growing artist. Instead, lets appreciate what each one brings to the table. Slime Season 1
'Power' and 'Best Friend' may be the best songs he’s ever released and these tracks helped bring in fans who were initially on the fence about Thugga. 'Again', featuring an incarcerated Trap God; the London On Da Track beat compliments both their awkward flows as the sleepy beat lulls you in. This mixtape solidified Young Thug as his consistency and creativity was undeniable even to the strongest opposers. Quotable: "Lemme show you how I spent a couple hunnids today, I cut back on the lean, I’m on that hen-dusse." Best Songs- Power, Best Friend, Again, Freaky, Quarterback, U Digg What I’m Saying, That’s All. Slime Season 2
Young Thug continues his onslaught with Slime Season 2 released on Halloween in 2015. If you listened to the first five tracks, you’d probably thought this would be his greatest work to date, but the mixtape falls off. With 22 tracks, this album contains too many forgettable tracks. 'Thief in the night' is a gem and best represents Thug’s ability to ride a beat. 'She notice' is one of his more underrated tracks, and if released could’ve had more widespread appeal than 'Thief', which failed to gain much traction outside of Atlanta and the south. The growth is still there, and there’s more continuity to his tracks than has been seen in his previous efforts. Best Songs- Big Racks, Thief in The Night, She Notice, Don’t Know, Pull up On A Kid, Beast, Never Made Luv. Quotables: "I am not jordan, but I am the goat. diamonds they wet like a boat." Slime Season 3
Slime Season 3, released March of 2016, only boasts eight tracks, which was a smart move by Young Thug. At this point in his career less is more as we get ready for his 'official' debut. 'With Them', previewed at Kanyes grand album release party, the bouncy Mike Will Made It track is the perfect Thugga song. Unrestricted, unrestrained and free flowing. 'Digits' is the crown jewel of this album. It speaks to this generations sense of urgency, about getting all you can while you’re here. It speaks to the soul of the young black man, who may not know which lies ahead of him, but knows he’s here now, so lets get it. Digits appreciation will grow with time, as its message is timeless. 'Slime Shit', the Ricky Racks production is arguably the best beat on the tape, which means a lot when London On Da Track and Mike Will Made It offer contributions. This album, in its short length, feels more cohesive and could be more similar to what his album will look like. Short and sweet. Best Songs: With Them, Slime Shit, Digits, Memo. Quotables: "Why not risk life when its gonna keep going, when you die someone else is born, but at least you get to say we ran up the digits we ran up the money."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raychiel Smith Interview

We took some time recently to get to know the stunning and talented Raychiel Smith. She told us what her goal are and what she has for us in the future.  So check it out Who are you and what are you all about?   Im a flawed human with positive intentions and big dreams. i'm all about chasing my dreams and independence. Everything in my life is here because it makes me happy.  Fashion and expression in art form that people can relate to is what i'm about. For those who don't know me.  Hi, i'm raychiel, i work a regular 9 to 5. Working towards maintaining my LLC license so i can pursue a fashion career. I aspire to be a journalist and, fashion designer.  A major one, not some graphics on a t-shirt shit.  Its a lifestyle.     Where are you from?   Born and raised in northern california daly city SF and vallejo mostly.       Who are your heroes? My big sister and my mother. They are strong, like...not even women who are loud.

Sam Aotaki Interview

We got sometime to sit down with the beautiful Sam Aotaki.  You've might have seen her in the movies  Asian School Girls and Alpha House.  We got to know what she is all about and what upcoming projects she has so check it out  Who are you? Yo wuts gucci, I’m Sam Aotaki, and i am an actress, model and dancer Where are you from? I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California How did you get involved in Acting? Well I started out wanting to model and dance, after I wouldn’t grow taller than 5'2 people started to suggest I should try acting, after that I started taking acting classes and fell in love with it so now that's the main thing I want to do When you were a kid what did you see yourself doing? Honestly I still remember being in kindergarten and being asked that, I always answered i wanted to be a profession boxer and/or muy thai fighter Who motivates you? My mom, she is one of the most independent and

Zac FTP Interview

We recently sat down wit the creator of FTP and got to see what he is all bout and what he has coming soon for the people Who are you and what are you all about? ZacFTP and basically making explicit clothing. Were are you originally from? Born and raised in Los Angeles How was FTP created? FTP was created when I was 16 by me from a random phrase that popped into my head which was "fuck the people" Which then changed to fuck the population because I hadn't ever heard that before, then I spelled the fuck backwards to make it more discreet. What type of fashion do you like? Streetwear, by independent brands What clothing lines do you look up to? HUF where I worked for a year, DPI run by a kid same age as me, and freedminds. Who motivates you? I would say that fans of my work motivate me, everytime I release something the hype is a big motivation to keep on doing what I do. How long have you worked as a designer? I ha