Skip to main content

Jordan Bentley Interview(Hypland)




We recently sat down with CEO & Designer Of Hypland Bentley Jordan to get to know who he is, what he is about, and the new things for you guys to look forward to from his clothing line so check it out 



Who are you and what are you all about?
-
My names Jordan Bentley, I'm the created of many things. I own a clothing business called hypland.

Were are you originally from?
-I'm from LA Los Angeles , but I have fam in NY
How was Hypland created?
-Um, to be honest I don't even remember . It was kind of just a fun project at first, but then I found that I loved the craft and started getting serious about the brand.

What type of fashion do you like?
-I'm into street wear, even though its dying. I also like high end stuff. By that I mean like quality and stuff that isn't super hype.
What clothing lines do you look up to?
-My favorite line is bape, I look up to them. I also love supreme because of their quality. And I like Nike, I would hope to expand my empire like theirs one day.
Who motivates you?
Um, my mom and my family. When you have a hard working family, they push you to also work hard. 

How long have you worked as a designer?
-
I've been working on little designs since about 09 . I'm still learning the in's and out's of designs but i can say I'm getting better each day.

What are some of your favorite clothing stores/catalogs/websites?

like I said I love bape. I also like many upcoming brands too, like DPI, dertbag, ripndip , etc. I like the new idea of streetwear 



What do you believe makes a quality article of clothing?

Quality? Of course the material, but the work put behind the clothing is most essential to its quality, anyone can make tshirts but its what's behind the brand that makes it


Do you prefer sketching designs or actually constructing them?

I like having both, a mixture is good you don't want to limit yourself to only one thing

How do you feel about celebrities getting all the free goodies when they are the people who can afford the goodies?
Aww I hate it and love it, it gives good exposure and attracts more customers but if they don't wear your stuff then it's pointless.

What is your favorite piece of clothing you have dropped?
I love my beanies, I've made a lot and they're great quality. But I also like my HYPEKILLS crews.

Do you have anything new coming to the people in the next few months?
Yeah a lot, like some super great stuff. Stepping everything up


Any last words of the people?
Naw check out hypland.com and yeah lmao HYPEKILLS 2013 were coming 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raychiel Smith Interview

We took some time recently to get to know the stunning and talented Raychiel Smith. She told us what her goal are and what she has for us in the future.  So check it out Who are you and what are you all about?   Im a flawed human with positive intentions and big dreams. i'm all about chasing my dreams and independence. Everything in my life is here because it makes me happy.  Fashion and expression in art form that people can relate to is what i'm about. For those who don't know me.  Hi, i'm raychiel, i work a regular 9 to 5. Working towards maintaining my LLC license so i can pursue a fashion career. I aspire to be a journalist and, fashion designer.  A major one, not some graphics on a t-shirt shit.  Its a lifestyle.     Where are you from?   Born and raised in northern california daly city SF and vallejo mostly.       Who are your heroes? My big sister and my mother. They are strong, like...not even women who are loud.

Zac FTP Interview

We recently sat down wit the creator of FTP and got to see what he is all bout and what he has coming soon for the people Who are you and what are you all about? ZacFTP and basically making explicit clothing. Were are you originally from? Born and raised in Los Angeles How was FTP created? FTP was created when I was 16 by me from a random phrase that popped into my head which was "fuck the people" Which then changed to fuck the population because I hadn't ever heard that before, then I spelled the fuck backwards to make it more discreet. What type of fashion do you like? Streetwear, by independent brands What clothing lines do you look up to? HUF where I worked for a year, DPI run by a kid same age as me, and freedminds. Who motivates you? I would say that fans of my work motivate me, everytime I release something the hype is a big motivation to keep on doing what I do. How long have you worked as a designer? I ha

Sam Aotaki Interview

We got sometime to sit down with the beautiful Sam Aotaki.  You've might have seen her in the movies  Asian School Girls and Alpha House.  We got to know what she is all about and what upcoming projects she has so check it out  Who are you? Yo wuts gucci, I’m Sam Aotaki, and i am an actress, model and dancer Where are you from? I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California How did you get involved in Acting? Well I started out wanting to model and dance, after I wouldn’t grow taller than 5'2 people started to suggest I should try acting, after that I started taking acting classes and fell in love with it so now that's the main thing I want to do When you were a kid what did you see yourself doing? Honestly I still remember being in kindergarten and being asked that, I always answered i wanted to be a profession boxer and/or muy thai fighter Who motivates you? My mom, she is one of the most independent and